RTSB Hiring System Support Specialist
View the full job description here. Prospective applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The System Support Specialist is responsible for program data input and maintenance of data systems including donor development software. The System Support Specialist will communicate with staff to develop strategies for centralizing student, volunteer, and donor data, tracking key assessment and post-program indicators, maintaining program alignment, and generating reports and support materials for programs and fundraising activities. This position will support the CARE Child Care, Preschool and Elementary programs, AARP Experience Corps Buffalo program, and fundraising activities. Critical skills include expertise in Microsoft office with proficiency in MS Teams, ability to learn/use Salesforce, experience working with computerized data maintenance, attention to detail, good follow up skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Facilitate the collection, input, and reporting of program data necessary to track and evaluate children’s literacy progress from preschool through 3rd Grade (Access, Excel and Salesforce platforms).
- Refine standardized processes to import data from original data system to the RTSB Access data system using export/import procedures and data entry (BPS, ASQ On-Line, etc.).
- Develop or refine standard reports for program staff, Executive Director or funders as needed to assess student or program progress or outcomes. Run reports as required.
- Work closely with program staff to ensure appropriate orientation, operational support and program related survey distribution and collection.
- Periodically update data definitions for all data fields so program staff have a common understanding of the data and its meaning.
- Audit data and program report queries to ensure fidelity with feeder systems.
- Support development and fundraising activities including input of donations and grants and running of appeal communications and acknowledgments through the management of the Network for Good database.
- Troubleshoot issues and problems. Function as first point of contact for problems encountered by end-users of both hardware and software providing low-end IT support for all staff as requested.
- Support utilization of virtual platforms such as MS Teams among staff and program participants.
- Ensure data is backed up on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance with background check requirements for volunteers and staff annually.
- Annually review volunteer tutor forms and update, as necessary.
- Receives and opens mail except bank statements and Alcott correspondence.
- Dependability, punctuality, and commitment are expected at all times. Attendance is considered an essential function of any position in the agency. Employees are expected to follow all policies and procedures of the RTSB Employee Manual.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
Other duties and/or projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
Three years of experience:
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with developing standard and ad hoc reports using NFG, Access and Salesforce
- Importing and exporting data among various vendor/partner systems while ensuring data integrity and fidelity
- Writing data definitions
- Exporting data into presentation templates in Power Point
- Associates in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Ability to effectively communicate data management and technology concepts to end-users in a simple and clear fashion.
- Ability to interpret and manipulate data sets.
- Ability to take initiative, think creatively and work collaboratively.
- Knowledge and understanding of early childhood programs and/or public education system a plus.